Search

Insider News: Efforts toward containing coronavirus

Posted by AllWays Health Partners blog team on September 01, 2020

Today's post is from our broker blog, AllWays Insider. We're sharing it because it has some great information on how officials and health experts are combating COVID-19 and making things easier for those who may be affected.

While the wait for a COVID-19 vaccine continues, health experts shift their focus to containing the virus and helping people stay as healthy as possible. From flu vaccine recommendations to simpler coronavirus tests and contact tracing, catch up on what's new in COVID-19 news this week.

Read More

Topics: News, COVID-19, AllWays Insider

3 ways COVID-19 could change the US healthcare system

Posted by AllWays Health Partners blog team on August 27, 2020

COVID-19 has changed health care in big ways. But which changes will become permanent? The Harvard Business Review outlines three potential outcomes for our healthcare system, including a worst-case scenario.

Read More

Topics: COVID-19

Insider News: Coronavirus mandates and other stories

Posted by AllWays Health Partners blog team on August 25, 2020

Today's post is from our broker blog, AllWays Insider. We're sharing it because it has some great information on how Massachusetts is continuing to respond to the pandemic, why employers should support their employees' mental health, and how virtual visits can be better than in-person appointments.

Learn about the latest Massachusetts coronavirus mandates, the importance of mental health support in the workplace, and the advantages of telemedicine and virtual visits in this week's Insider News.

Read More

Topics: News, COVID-19, AllWays Insider

National Immunization Awareness Month: Help your patients get vaccinated

Posted by Lisa Scarfo, M.D. on August 20, 2020

Medical Director Lisa Scarfo, MD discusses the importance of routine medical services that have been deferred due to the pandemic. One of these medical services is immunizations, which have decreased significantly since the pandemic began.

Read More

Topics: Wellness

Back to school during COVID-19

Posted by AllWays Health Partners blog team on August 18, 2020

UPDATE: A couple of hours after we made this post, The Boston Globe reported on the plans that Massachusetts schools have submitted detailing how they will operate during the upcoming school year. According to the state, 30% of schools have chosen fully remote learning, but the other 70% plan to bring students back in person either part- or full-time. Some schools are offering hybrid learning, combining in-person and virtual instruction and allowing parents to choose fully remote learning for their children. All Massachusetts families are able to opt their children out of in-person learning if they deem it necessary.

As summer draws to a close, schools across the country are figuring out how to conduct the upcoming school year without putting children at risk. Some school staff and parents are eager to send kids back to school, while others are afraid of an increase in COVID-19 cases. We discuss what the CDC recommends for schooling and how the nation’s schools are planning to teach this coming school year.

Read More

Topics: News, COVID-19