Today's post is from our broker blog, AllWays Insider, about supporting employee health and wellness.
In this week's Insider News we're sharing stories focused on how businesses can support employee health and wellbeing. Learn about 5 strategies from top human resource officers, the importance of reducing eye strain, and ways to stay fit during the winter months.
A recent survey from Gallup of over 200 Chief Human Resource Officers (CHROs) highlighted several strategies around supporting employee mental health and wellbeing, including:
- Expand Employee Assistance Program offerings
- Use surveys to find teams that are experiencing high levels of stress and anxiety and communicate personalized benefits
- Encourage employees to share their individual skills and strengths
- Support managers with soft skills training in empathetic communication around mental health
- Show solidarity by being vulnerable about your struggles
How to reduce employee eye strain during the pandemic from Benefits Pro
During the pandemic, many people have seen their screen time increase. This can lead to eye discomfort, headaches, dry eye, and blurred vision. Protecting employees' eyesight with a good vision benefit has several advantages, including:
- Improved productivity
- Savings on health care costs
- Attracting and retaining talent
- Reducing out-of-pocket costs for employees
Concerns about staying health are especially prominent around the holidays and winter months, where keeping up our wellness habits can be particularly challenging. Fitness expert Dana Santas offers these four simple strategies to incorporating fitness into your daily routine:
- Use habit stacking to add more daily exercise
- Multitask your mobile screen time
- Squeeze in a 4-minute high-intensity workout
- Make time to de-stress and recover
Our offices will be closed on January 1 for New Years Day. You can continue to file claims, verify patient eligibility, and more using our provider portal.
From all of us at AllWays Health Partners, we hope you have a happy new year!